Why are we here?
This tutorial will focus on integrating Facebook Connect with a dynamic web site. The tutorial assumes it's an existing dynamic site that has its own user base and login mechanisms, but it applies equally to one that you are building from scratch if you still want to support more than one login mechanism (your own and Facebook Connect).
This tutorial is for you if
- You want to make changes to (or build) a dynamic site that to allows people to login into using their Facebook account instead of registering and logging in with an account on the site.
- You want to support users that already have an account on the site by linking their Facebook account id to the existing account.
- You want to automatically login users when possible using Facebook login.
- You want to render some Facebook content (profile picture, user information, etc).
- Your site is written in PHP (or you're willing to deal with a PHP tutorial even though your site uses a different language).
- The existing documentation is not giving you what you need, or you want some further examples.
Before trying to implement on your site, you'll need to take care of the following steps which are not covered in the tutorial.
The Overview page will give a brief description of each page we will be going over in the tutorial.